The Active Leaders program is offered by the LEAD (Leadership Educations And Development) office. It is a 10-week seminar designed to provide a more advanced leadership opportunity for Mason students. Please note that past participation in the Emerging Leaders is not a prerequisite for Active Leaders. You do NOT need to have a leadership position to be a part of this program!
- Want to learn more about yourself?
- Want to learn how to work even more effectively with others and in groups?
- Want to learn how to help the organizations you are a part of to be more successful?
- Looking for a fun & interactive program that addresses the concepts of leadership?
- Want to earn a leadership certificate that you can list on your resume?
- …then the Active Leaders Program is for YOU!!!
The deadline to register for the 2015 Active Leaders Program is Wednesday, SEPT 9, 2015 by 5pm (EST). Click HERE to register for Active Leaders 2015! If you have any questions, please email Nick Lennon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates for the 2015 Active Leaders Program
- September 18th from 10am-Noon
- September 25th from 10am-noon
- October 2nd from 10am-noon
- October 9th from 10am-noon
- October 16th from 10am-noon
- October 23rd from 10am-noon
- October 30th from 10am-noon
- November 6th from 10am-noon
- November 13th from 10am-noon
- November 20th from 10am-noon
What is the Active Leaders Program?
You do NOT need to have a leadership position to be a part of this program! The Active Leaders program is offered by the LEAD (Leadership Education And Development) office. It is a 10-week seminar designed to provide a more advanced leadership opportunity for Mason students. Please note that past participation in the Emerging Leaders program is not a prerequisite for Active Leaders. The primary focus is to provide a high quality leadership program for active student leaders at Mason. For more information and a list of frequently asked questions, please see below….
What have Mason students said about the Active Leaders Program?
- “I loved it! We had a really good group of people and this is the best program I have had at Mason”
- “… a very comfortable, fun and challenging environment to learn and grow”
- “It was a very positive experience; I learned new things about myself and built new relationships”
- “It was a fun way to learn about myself, how to improve and to be able to make a difference in my community”
100% of last year’s Active Leader participants said that they would recommend the program to a friend
What will we do?
We will meet on Fridays during the fall semester from 10am-Noon. During this time there will be a variety of interactive activities designed to help you learn more about yourself, working with others, values/ethics, helping groups/organizations to be more successful and making a difference in society. This program will help you develop as leaders through fun and interactive activities.
What are the requirements?
Applicants must be currently enrolled at George Mason University and have a willingness to participate in enlightening and respectful discussions/activities about leadership.
What are the responsibilities?
Commit to attend at least 8 of the 10 sessions from 10:00am-noon on Fridays and to be respectful of yourself and one another.
What are the benefits?
- Make new friends
- Learn more about yourself and your strengths
- Learn how to work even more effectively with others and in groups
- Learn how to help the organizations you are a part of to be more successful
- Become more involved with the LEAD office (one of the greatest places on campus!)
- Earn a leadership certificate that you can list on your resume
- Be more prepared to lead in a way that fits for you
- Be part of a fun program!