For this service project, we will be collecting new or gently used children’s books from pre-K to grade 5 to be donated to the Reading is Fundamental organization (rifnova.org). The organization hopes to encourage a love of reading with the children they serve. They are an all-volunteer effort that has been working to provide books to underserved children for nearly 50 years.
LEAD is committed to education and serving the community, and so we hope that this book drive will benefit children in the community in need of books. We also have an Amazon wish-list for those who may not have and/or be able to bring in used books. This is another option to contribute by purchasing new books, which will later be delivered to the organization. We are looking to collect books that are typically found in a school library (no religious books, workbooks, textbooks, or reference books).
Drop Off Locations
- First-Gen+ Center (Sub I, Room 2400)
- The LEAD Office (The Hub, Room 2400)
- Housing and Resident Life
- Mason Recreation - The RAC
- Student Health Services (Sub I, Room 2300)
- Student Involvement (The Hub, Room 2300)
- University Career Services (Sub I, Room 3400)