Are you graduating this spring with your undergraduate or graduate degree from Mason?
Interested in sharing your journey and experience as a Mason student with others?
You could be the 2023 Spring Commencement Student Speaker on May 18th in EagleBank Arena!
We are looking for graduating students who are interested in sharing their Mason journey and experience to serve as this year's 2023 Spring Commencement Student Speaker. If you are interested in applying please see the information below for more details.
Commencement Speaker Details
- All upcoming graduates (undergraduate and graduate level) are invited to be considered for the Spring 2023 Commencement student speaker honor.
- Submit your original script for a graduation speech that can be publicly performed between 5-7 minutes in Eagle Bank Arena on May 18th in front of a large live audience.
- Please note that the length of speech must be adhered to without exception.
- In addition to submitting your speech, we also ask that you submit a copy of your resume.
- Coaching and opportunities to practice and refine your speech will be provided to the student selected.
All submissions are judged by an impartial panel including representation by members of the administration, faculty, staff and students. After round one selections the committee will invite students to submit their recorded speeches for final selection by April 10th. The 2023 Commencement Student Speaker will be announced that week.
Suggestions on helping to focus the content of the speech:
The goal is to share and showcase your “Mason story” and how you describe your overall Mason experience and growth as a student and member of the university community. We encourage you to:
- discuss all facets of your campus life experience
- focus on your graduating class and your experiences together with an eye toward your future
- engage the graduating class and their guests as a whole
If you wish to be considered, submit your speech by 11:59pm on March 19th to Alissa Karton, Assistant to the Vice President for University Life, at email@example.com. Speeches along with your name, college, email address and cell number must be included on your written submission.
Good luck and congratulations on your upcoming graduation!