We are excited to share a new volunteer leadership opportunity through the LEAD Office. We are looking for current Mason students (undergrad and graduate) who have a passion for ethics and leadership, commitment to sustainable service, willingness to make a positive difference through active leadership, and a willingness to engage and connect with the university and our community. If this sounds like something you are interested in, we encourage you to join our team and become one our official volunteer Leadership Advocates!!
Our Leadership Advocates will work closely with our Leadership Consultants in the LEAD Office to support the mission and vision of the LEAD Office.
The LEAD Office will be hosting weekly Leadership Advocate Meetings on Tuesdays from 7:30pm-8:30pm. If you are interested in participating in our meetings (all Mason students are welcome), email Lisa Snyder, Associate Director at email@example.com for WebEx link to join.
3 focus areas for Leadership Advocates:
- Leadership Education
- Leadership Advocates will have an opportunity to work closely with our Leadership Consultants and learn how to facilitate and present leadership workshops. Once Leadership Advocates are comfortable, they will have an opportunity to co-present with our Leadership Consultants at UNIV 100 classes, student organizations, Mason LIFE workshops, athletics teams, etc.
- Sustainable Service
- Leadership Advocates will have a chance to enhance and strengthen our current partnerships within the community. Leadership Advocates will be available to help out with the Hampton Middle School partnership and facilitate leadership workshops with the athletic teams, as well serving on the planning team for the Incredible Leadership Conference at Hampton Middle School. They will also help to coordinate major service projects and outreach with the Leadership Consultants.
- Examples: Hampton Middle School, ACTS Food Pantry, FACETS, Family Weekend Day of Service, Siblings Weekend Day of Service, 9/11 Day of Service, etc.
- Program Support
- Leadership Advocates will work closely with our Leadership Consultants to help support existing LEAD programming. Leadership Advocates will help with program development, marketing, and promotion.
- Examples: Brown Bag Lunch Series, Alumni Leadership Speaker Series, Right Wrong or Different, etc.
If you are interested in becoming an official Leadership Advocate, please complete an application and we will be in touch shortly. If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Snyder, Associate Director for Leadership Education and Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: If you are not currently a Leadership Advocate but would like to be a part of the meetings, please email Lisa Snyder at email@example.com for Zoom link information.
Fall 2020 Leadership Advocate Meetings (Updated schedule as of 10/5/20)
- Tuesday, October 6th from 7:30pm-8:30pm
- Tuesday, October 20th from 7:30pm-8:30pm
- Tuesday, November 10th from 7:30pm-8:30pm
- Tuesday, November 17th from 7:30pm-8:30pm
- Tuesday, December 1st from 7:30pm-8:30pm
- Tuesday, December 8th from 7:30pm-8:30pm
Spring 2021 Leadership Advocate Meetings
- Tuesday, January 26th
- Tuesday February 2nd
- Tuesday, February 9th
- Tuesday, February 16th
- Tuesday, February 23rd
- Tuesday, March 2nd
- Tuesday, March 16th
- Tuesday, March 23rd
- Tuesday, March 30th
- Tuesday, April 6th
- Tuesday, April 13th
- Tuesday, April 20th
- Tuesday, April 27th
- Tuesday, May 4th
Leadership Advocate Highlights - Photo Gallery