We are excited to share a new volunteer leadership opportunity through the LEAD Office. We are looking for current Mason students (undergrad and graduate) who have a passion for ethics and leadership, commitment to sustainable service, willingness to make a positive difference through active leadership, and a willingness to engage and connect with the university and our community. If this sounds like something you are interested in, we encourage you to join our team and become one our official volunteer Leadership Advocates!!
Our Leadership Advocates will work closely with our Leadership Consultants in the LEAD Office to support the mission and vision of the LEAD Office.
The LEAD Office will be hosting weekly Leadership Advocate Meetings on Tuesdays from 7:30pm-8:30pm. If you are interested in participating in our meetings (all Mason students are welcome), email Lisa Snyder, Associate Director at firstname.lastname@example.org for WebEx link to join.
3 focus areas for Leadership Advocates:
- Leadership Education
- Leadership Advocates will have an opportunity to work closely with our Leadership Consultants and learn how to facilitate and present leadership workshops. Once Leadership Advocates are comfortable, they will have an opportunity to co-present with our Leadership Consultants at UNIV 100 classes, student organizations, Mason LIFE workshops, athletics teams, etc.
- Sustainable Service
- Leadership Advocates will have a chance to enhance and strengthen our current partnerships within the community. Leadership Advocates will be available to help out with the Hampton Middle School partnership and facilitate leadership workshops with the athletic teams, as well serving on the planning team for the Incredible Leadership Conference at Hampton Middle School. They will also help to coordinate major service projects and outreach with the Leadership Consultants.
- Examples: Hampton Middle School, ACTS Food Pantry, FACETS, Family Weekend Day of Service, Siblings Weekend Day of Service, 9/11 Day of Service, etc.
- Program Support
- Leadership Advocates will work closely with our Leadership Consultants to help support existing LEAD programming. Leadership Advocates will help with program development, marketing, and promotion.
- Examples: Brown Bag Lunch Series, Alumni Leadership Speaker Series, Right Wrong or Different, etc.
If you are interested in becoming an official Leadership Advocate, please complete an application and we will be in touch shortly. If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Snyder, Associate Director for Leadership Education and Development at email@example.com.
NOTE: If you are not currently a Leadership Advocate but would like to be a part of the meetings, please email Lisa Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom link information.
Spring 2021 Leadership Advocate Meetings
- Tuesday, February 9th from 7:30pm-8:30pm via Zoom
- Tuesday, February 23rd from 7:30pm-8:30pm via Zoom
- Tuesday, March 2nd from 7:30pm-8:30pm via Zoom
- Tuesday, March 23rd from 7:30pm-8:30pm via Zoom
- Tuesday, April 6th from 7:30pm-8:30pm via Zoom
- Tuesday, April 20th from 7:30pm-8:30pm via Zoom
- Tuesday, May 4th from 7:30pm-8:30pm via Zoom
Leadership Advocate Highlights - Photo Gallery