The Active Leaders program is offered by the Leadership Educations and Development (LEAD) office. It is a 10-week virtual (synchronous) seminar that will meet on Fridays from 10:30am-Noon, starting on Friday, Sept 18, 2020. The program is designed to provide a more advanced leadership opportunity for any Mason student. There is no prerequisite for Active Leaders. You do NOT need to have a leadership position to be a part of this program! The program is for both those who are in, AND not in, leadership positions!
- Want to learn more about yourself?
- Want to learn how to work even more effectively with others and in groups?
- Want to learn how to help the organizations you are a part of to be more successful?
- Looking for a fun & interactive program that addresses the concepts of leadership?
- Want to earn a leadership certificate that you can list on your resume?
- …then the Active Leaders Program is for YOU!!!
Register online today at: https://2020activeleadersmason.eventbrite.com
2020 Active Leaders Information (tentative dates)
- Friday, September 18th from 10:30am-12pm
- Friday, September 25th from 10:30am-12pm
- Friday, October 2nd from 10:30am-12pm
- Friday, October 9th from 10:30am-12pm
- Friday, October 16th from 10:30am-12pm
- Friday, October 23rd from 10:30am-12pm
- Friday, October 30th from 10:30am-12pm
- Friday, November 6th from 10:30am-12pm
- Friday, November 13th from 10:30am-12pm
- Friday, November 20th from 10:30am-12pm
What is the Active Leaders Program?
You do NOT need to have a leadership position to be a part of this program! The Active Leaders program is offered by the LEAD (Leadership Education and Development) office. It is a 10-week seminar designed to provide a more advanced leadership opportunity for Mason students. You do not need any prerequisites to be a part of the Active Leaders program. The primary focus is to provide a high quality leadership program for Mason students. This year, the program will be fully virtual (synchronous) via Zoom. We will have have many interactive activities and discussions to help you learn about leadership (this is NOT a lecture based program). For more information and a list of frequently asked questions, please see below.
What have Mason students said about the Active Leaders Program?
- “I loved it! We had a really good group of people and this is the best program I have had at Mason”
- “… a very comfortable, fun and challenging environment to learn and grow”
- “It was a very positive experience; I learned new things about myself and built new relationships”
- “It was a fun way to learn about myself, how to improve and to be able to make a difference in my community”
- 100% of last year’s Active Leader participants said that they would recommend the program to a friend
What will we do?
We will meet on Fridays during the fall semester from 10:30am-Noon. During this time there will be a variety of interactive activities designed to help you learn more about yourself, working with others, values/ethics, helping groups/organizations to be more successful and making a difference in society. This program will help you develop as leaders through fun and interactive activities.
What are the requirements?
Applicants must be currently enrolled at George Mason University and have a willingness to participate in enlightening and respectful discussions/activities about leadership.
What are the responsibilities?
Commit to attend at least 8 of the 10 sessions from 10:30am-noon on Fridays and to being respectful of yourself and one another.
What are the benefits?
- Make new friends
- Learn more about yourself and your strengths
- Learn how to work even more effectively with others and in groups
- Learn how to help the organizations you are a part of to be more successful
- Become more involved with the LEAD office (one of the greatest places on campus!)
- Earn a leadership certificate that you can list on your resume
- Be more prepared to lead in a way that fits for you
- Be part of a fun program!